Paradox Development Studio brings you the sequel to one of the most popular strategy games ever made. Crusader Kings III is the heir to a long legacy of historical grand strategy experiences and arrives with a host of new ways to ensure the success of your royal house.
• Choose a royal or noble house from a number of realms on a map that stretches from Iceland to India, from the Arctic Circle to Central Africa.
• Guide a dynasty through the centuries, ensuring the security and power of each new generation. Gather new lands and titles to cement your legacy.
• Be a pious king to bring the religious powers to your side, or strike out on your own, designing your own splinter religion and earning everlasting fame or eternal damnation.
• Knights, peasant revolts, pilgrimages, Viking raiders...experience the drama and pageantry of the Middle Ages.
• Adopt one of five different lifestyles, perfecting your skills in military strategy or kingdom management.
• Acquire character traits that will guide your actions, but beware if you act against your nature! The stress from denying your truest self could bring a new host of troubles!
• Choose appropriate guardians for your heirs, or train them yourself. But what do you do if the legal heir is not quite up to the job?
• Violent characters may develop a fearsome reputation, cowering your timid subjects into obedience with the dread you inspire.
• Recruit man-at-arms units and powerful knights to supplement your royal levies.
• Research new technologies to increase the wealth and military might of your realm.
• Hire mercenaries and Holy Orders for your major wars.
• Supplement your income with ransomed prisoners or raiding parties on neighboring realms.
• Use your spymaster to discover plots against your dynasty and your rule.
• Recruit agents to assist your schemes to undermine or murder anyone who stands between you and power.
• Seduce other characters for love or political power.
• Gather information for blackmailing purposes or call in favors whenever your plans need an extra bit of influence.